Brandenburger S 4000® HT is based on selected glass mats with a highly uniform density. For bonding, an exceptionally temperature-resistant resin is used.
Special material characteristics:
- Long-Term Dimensional and Shape Stability
- Very High Degree of Polymer Cross-Linking and thus Exceptionally High
- Long-Term Temperature Resistance
- Low Coefficient of Thermal Conductivity, Resulting in Excellent Thermal Insulation Characteristics
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Low Thermal Conductivity, High Thermal Insulation
Thanks to its high sheer strength, compressive strength and flexural stiffness, the material meets a wide range of technical requirements.
Areas of application:
The significantly improved stability when exposed to high thermal stress makes this material suitable for use in injection dye-casting and press-casting moulds, and as insulation for pistons, plates and frames in presses.
|Temperature resistance (short-term)||250 ℃||482 ℉|
|Temperature resistance (long-term)||230 ℃||446 ℉|
|Thermal conductivity||0.13 W/mK||0.08 btu/ft h ℉|
|Coefficient of the linear expansion||21•10-6||21•10-6|
|Compressive strength (room temperature)||450 N/mm2||65267 psi|
|Flexual strength||200 N/mm2||29007.5 psi|
|Compressive strength (200 ℃)||200 N/mm2||29007.5 psi|